Your Wedding Unplugged? Couples Asking Guests to Put Their Cameras Away | Denver Wedding Photographer | Denver Vintage Wedding Photographer | Colorado Destination Wedding Photographer
Now days its seems like we have to capture EVERY moment with our camera phones. Whether it is a delicious dish we ate at a new restaurant or the fact that we painted our toes a new color, we take photos of everything. Come your wedding day you many not want everyone with their cameras out capturing every single moment of your wedding day. But you may want them too. From a professional photographers point of view here is why I really want to encourage all my brides to kindly ask their guests to unplug for their wedding day and let your paid professional do their job.
Allowing other people to use their cameras at your wedding can actually RUIN your photos by your PAID professional photographer. Here are just some of a few ways how...and trust me they COULD happen to you....these are real examples from weddings I photographed just in the past year.
- One of your guest uses their flash...and you photographer is capturing a moment you PAID them to capture. Your guests flash ruins the shot
- Your guest jumps out in the center of the aisle to get the bride and the father of the bride walking down the aisle blocking your photographer from capturing this moment.
- A guest leans out from their chair sticking their elbow out to hold their camera placing a lovely elbow in the shot your photographer is taking.
- Your guest get so excited about taking a photo of you that they spend more time enjoying the photograph than actually seeing you walk down the aisle.
- Oh, and my favorite of all they stand BEHIND you and you're party during the ceremony...and stay there the WHOLE TIME!!!! OMG!!!!!
While most photographers will do their best to work around your guests, most photographers have a clause in the wedding contract you signed that said they are not responsible for your guests getting in the way of their shots let alone ruining them with their flashes. Some may not even Photoshop out the annoying things people do or may charge you extra for the extra Photoshop work to make up for the fact that one of your guest jumped right in front of their shot killing that moment forever.
So...just something to think about...
BUT if you are like whatever... there is this awesome app to get photos from your guests. Just remember with the technology today the quality your guest can take with their iphone will NEVER be the same quality you'll get from your professional photographer.
If you would like to do more reasearch about this topic here is another blog post about this same thing: http://offbeatbride.com/2011/06/unplugged-wedding