Everyone who knows me knows I have a serious cookie problem, and not just any cookie problem but a chocolate chip cookie problem. Like, for real, one year I had 4 different friends make me chocolate chip cookies for my birthday--this is how much everyone who knows me, knows I love chocolate chip cookies. So, when I found out processed sugar and wheat kinda make my body go insane I HAD to find a solution.
I then discovered a vegan/raw friendly cookie dough bite from Whole Foods, but it was $5 for 8 cookies, totally not sustainable for my cookie problem. I checked out the ingredients and decided I could TOTALLY make those!
One night I stayed up late and found the perfect mixture for these chocolate chip cookie dough bites, that have no gluten, no processed sugar and are vegan and paleo friendly! Hooray!
You can halve this batch if you don't want a million of these laying around, but obviously I need a big batch to last me more than two days...I know, like I said I have a problem.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites Recipe
Makes: 24 cookie dough bites | Time: 15 Minutes ( I know, right, how can you not make these? Goodbye cookie in a mug yuckiness)
- 1/4c coconut oil
- 1c maple syrup
- 2 tsps vanilla
- 2c almond flour/meal
- 2c shredded coconut
- 1/3c ish chocolate chips (or enjoy life chocolate chips are vegan friendly, could replace with raisins or cranberries)
- 1tsp salt
- Measure out 1/4c coconut oil, melt on medium low heat in small sauce pan or in microwave on half power for 20-40 seconds depending on your microwave strength. Melt until coconut oil is clear but not bubbling.
- In a large bowl measure out maple syrup and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Pour in melted coconut oil stirring continuously until everything is well incorporated being careful not to allow the maple syrup and coconut oil to clump.
- Mix in almond flour, shredded coconut and salt.
- Add chocolate chips, I never really measure this out but just eye ball it.
- With a two tablespoon measuring or regular 'ole spoon, spoon out dough into small balls. You can roll into a ball if you desire and sprinkle with coconut.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or enjoy immediately. (If you do eat them right away they may be a bit sticky.)
- Store in refrigerator. Enjoy!