Having grown up in New Mexico has set a special place for mexican food in Josh and I's diet. The best part of most mexican dishes is that they are cheap and easy to make. These little guys take less than 30 minutes to make and reheat pretty well. They also make a good appetizer if you dont' want it as a meal. I like to serve it with spanish rice. But you could aslo add pinto beans and corn bread.
Mini Mexican Pizzas | Delish Dish 7
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 12-15 minutes Serves: Make 12 mini mexican pizzas (serves 3 people)
- 4 Large tortillas
- 1/2lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tsp dry taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup low fat refried beans
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese or mexican blended cheese
- Optional toppings; sliced black olives, shredded lettuce, sour cream, chopped tomatoes.
- Cook ground beef over medium heat in a small skillet.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 12 count muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Meanwhile lay out one tortilla at a time. Grab a medium sized drinking glass or 3"+ circle cutter. Place glass (largest side down) on tortilla. Place on edge of tortilla so you can cut at least 3 circles out of one tortilla. Use a knife to cut around the glass making a small circle shape. Each tortilla should yield 3 small circles.
- Press circles into muffin tin so that they fit in snuggly. Some may pop out but don't worry they will stay in with the filling. They will not cover the either side of the muffin tin.
- Once beef is ground mix together in a small bowl, ground beef, salsa, taco seasonings, and refried beans. Stir until well combined
- Scope two large spoonfuls (2 tablespoons )of meat mixture into each tortilla.
- Top each with shredded cheese. (If adding olives top each pizza with them.)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let mini mexican pizzas cool for a few minutes, remove using a for or knife.
- Serve with side of salsa, sour cream, chopped tomatos, and/or shredded lettuce.
I originally found this recipe here, http://dashingdish.com/recipe/mini-mexican-pizzas/