Oh man am I a sucker for all things garlic, and then to add butter which is terrible for you but so delicious is just so good! A few weeks ago I was baking a bread that called for a pre-made garlic-herb butter, which I immediately thought that it'd be super easy to make. And guess what, it is so easy to make homemade garlic herb butter! So, instead of buying expensive fancy butter make your own! The recipe I based my garlic herb butter was found. It was actually for more of an herb butter and I wanted more garlic so I altered it and it was very good!
Homemade Garlic Herb Butter | Delish Dish 3
Prep Time: 10 minutes Serving: 4
Ingredients & Tools:
- 1-2 large garlic cloves, minced (aka chopped really really small)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoons chives
- 1/2 cup (1 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- a mortar and pestle: What the heck is this!? I know right? I didn't know until my mom got it for me for Christmas, which I thought I'd never use until I saw this recipe. But here is a picture. If you don't have one of these, which I honestly do not know who else has one, just get a fork or back of knife, or anything that can smash something small.
- Using a mortar and pestle, or other creative tool, crush together garlic and salt to form a paste.
- Transfer garlic and salt paste to a small bowl. Add parsley, chives, and butter; stir until well combined.
- Spread on you're favorite bread, mash potatoes or any other delish dish. ;)