Guys have a rough job of coming up with creative proposal ideas. Well, gentleman look no further. I've done my research, and being woman myself I want to give you a great resource of ideas to create the best proposal for your girl. When thinking of ideas for a proposal you must start by asking yourself a few questions.
- When where am I going to propose?
- Winter Proposal
- Spring Proposal
- Summer Proposal
- Fall Proposal
- Sunset or Sunrise Proposal
- Lunch or Dinner Proposal
- Where am I going to propose?
- Indoors Proposal
- Outdoors Proposal
- Traveling Proposal
- What is my girl's style?
- Classy, fashion snob
- Sporty and Athletic
- All America Girl
- Who's going to be there? Do you want this to be in public, private, with just close friends and/or family, or everyone you know. (Gentleman, make sure you really think about this one. If you struggle with speaking in public, do it private. If you both never see your families, you probably won't want to invite them. If you have friends who know the best and do everything with, you may want them to be there.)
- In Public
- Just Us
- Family and Friends
- Do you want your creative marriage proposal documented?
- Some many people never have this documented but this is is a day you'll never want to forget. Think about hiring a photographer to be hidden in the background, or have a friend set up a video recorder close by. Searching for the Light Photography is available world wide marriage proposals. :)
Based on your answers here are some of the best proposal ideas for your situation, girl, and lifestyle.
When will you propose:
Winter Proposal Ideas
- Take her ice skating, finding yourself in the middle of the rink to pop the question.
- Write out your proposal on her frosted window before she heads to work one day.
- Write out your proposal in the snow using a squirt bottle filled with cold water and food coloring.
- Build a snowman together asking her if she'll put the snowman's ring on, handing her the engagement ring you picked out.
- Take her skiing or snowboarding, at the bottom of a run have family/friends holding out a sign of your marriage proposal.
- Go on a walk together, putting the ring in her glove.
- Sitting by a fire propose.
- Go for a sleigh ride, while on the ride ask her to marry you.
- On Christmas have her unwrap a present that has your marriage proposal and or the ring inside.
- Another Christmas marriage proposal idea is to write out all the reasons you love her. Then at the bottom have a piece of paper covering the ring that says “will you marry me?”
Spring Proposal Ideas
- Go to a botanical garden or flower garden to propose.
- Easter egg hunt marriage proposal: Have the ring hidden in an egg you where you know its location. You can either start with clues and make it scavenger hunt with each egg giving a clue to the next one and finally the ring, or just go on a private easter egg hunt. Make sure to do this in a private location as public locations may be a bad idea gone wrong if someone finds the egg with the ring in it!
- Fill an Easter basket with treats and one egg with the engagement ring in it.
- Write your marriage proposal on a boiled egg using a white crayon then dye them together and the message will appear on the egg.
- On a windy afternoon take her to fly kites, on the bottom of a kite write “Will you marry me?”
Summer Proposal Ideas
- Go to a beach, build a sand castle together (far away from the water) and at the end ask her to top the castle off with the engagement ring.
- At a beach or sandy area fill an old bottle with a proposal, security close it and bury in an obvious place. Make sure you come back to the same place and put her towel right next to the bottle sticking out of the ground, having her pick it out to read the letter you wrote.
- Have a barbeque with family and friends at some point in the party state your proposal
- Go camping, have the ring hidden somewhere in your camping gear. Possibly hide the engagement ring on the tent so when you set it up it is visible.
- Go on a hike together stopping at a romantic spot to give your marriage proposal.
Fall Proposal Ideas
- Have a picnic set up for you guys ahead of time and propose under a beautiful tree in a park or forest.
- Find a corn maze to go through during a time you'd be the only ones there. (Most places are open on the weekends, so you could request for a special Monday opening.) Have the owner set up a sign for you at the end of the maze stating your marriage proposal.
- While carving pumpkins write out your marriage proposal on the pumpkin.
- For a Halloween marriage proposal go trick-or-treating at her house instead of asking “trick or treat” ask her to marry you. Or if you're clever with words replace trick-or-treating with a slick phrase.
- During Thanksgiving make crescent rolls having everyone write something they are thankful for down on a piece of paper that gets baked with rolls like a fortune cookie. In her roll write out your Thanksgiving marriage proposal, make sure to designate which roll was hers with a tooth pick or turn a different way in the baking process so her's doesn't get mixed up. Take turns opening up the rolls during dinner, and have her read hers last.
Sunrise or Sunset Proposal Ideas
- Take her to the roof top of a building to purpose. Family and friends can be around to pop out after you've stated your marriage proposal.
Lunch/Dinner Marriage Proposal
- At a restaurant ask the chief to write “Will you marry me?” on her dessert dish
- Do not have the ring hidden in her food, you'd be surprise how many people have eaten their rings. Instead have it hidden in a fortune cookie or other food that requires breaking before you eat it.
Evening Marriage Proposal
- Write out your marriage proposal in glow sticks on the ceiling of your living room or bedroom. Turn off all the lights. If you do this in the living room ask her to get something for you in that room.
- Go out star gazing proposing under the stars.
- Go on a boat ride just the two of you. Have family and friends go too on separate boats all carrying floating lanterns. At a specific time have them set them off and propose to her.
- If she is a photographer, gather your family and friends to play with sparklers. Have them write out your marriage proposal while she takes a long exposure.
- Pop the question on the forth of july or during a firework show.
2. Where will you propose?
Indoors Marriage Proposal
- Inside your house can be a great spot for many ideas
- Venues for weddings like hotels, old mansions, barns
Outdoors Marriage Proposal
- At the top of a trail
- Mountain tops
- In the middle of a lake
- On the beach
- In a swimming pool. You could have something float to her with your proposal on it while she is floating in the pool.
- At a park
Traveling Marriage Proposal
- Going camping together somewhere beautiful
- Travel to a beach or mountains
- Travel to an exotic place you've both wanted to go to
3. What is her style?
Hipster Marriage Proposal or Loves Everything Old or Vintage Marriage Proposal
- Find a street vendor that does character drawings have the vendor write out “Will you marry me?” and “Yes!” on the picture.
- Spell out your proposal with refrigerator magnets.
- Rent a Vespa scooter placing the ring in her helmet. Making she stays safe by wearing her helmet as you hand it to her. Ride around town enjoying the moment together.
- In a photo-booth make the last picture sequence the one you propose.
- If you both love art go to a local museum or art show have a piece of art work made for her that is your proposal or just propose while at the art show or museum.
Classy or Loves Fashion Marriage Proposal
- Put an ad in a local magazine you know your girl reads every day.
- Plan a special dinner together. Buy her a dress she's be looking at. Guys if you have no idea, look at her Pinterest boards ask someone in a store to help you find something she'll like. Have the dress delivered to her. Have a limo take you to dinner. Take her out some place nice and propose at dinner.
- Take her out to buy any dress shes wants, then take her to dinner to finish offer her new classy outfit.
- Take her out to be a model for the day, getting a new dress, having her make-up done then doing a Faux photo-shoot, during the shoot drop down on one knee to ask the question. Your photographer will be there to capture the moment.
Causal Marriage Proposal
- If your girl is a reader replace her bookmark with your marriage proposal so she reads it right before bed.
- Slip the ring on her finger while she is sleeping, wake in her in the morning with breakfast in bed.
- Go bowling together, be the one to write out out the names. For hers write WYMM, when she asks what it means propose.
- Go to the place of your first date or where you first met to propose.
Sporty or Athletic Marriage Proposal
- During a sporting event ask the field/arena manager to put a marriage proposal up on one of the screens for you during a break in the game.
- You could also do this at any sporting event having fellow fans or family sit across from you and hold up the signs at a specific time in the game. Make sure you have someone on the other end in touch with you to make sure she isn't in the restroom when they hold up the signs!
- Get a group of friends together to play touch football, soccer or other games you play with your friends. Tell everyone they have to come up with a halftime show. Have one team make their show your marriage proposal.
All America Girl Marriage Proposal
- Upload a video of your marriage proposal to YouTube and tell her you have a video to show her.
- Buy her a puppy or any animal she's always wanted with the ring tied around his or her collar.
- If you already own a puppy attach it to their collar when she gets home.
- If you love Geocaching together, bury a Geocach that you end up looking for that day with your marriage proposal in it.
4. Who's going to be there?
- If you both love theater or going to shows, get in touch with the stage manger of the production, then after curtain call of a production propose.
- Go out dancing or to a club having the DJ hand you the mic to dedicate a song to her and propose then.
- Book a skywriter to write out your proposal
- Talk to your local movie theater to create an ad right before the previews come on.
- In your home tie a piece of ribbon or string from one end to the other. At a few points have notes of reasons why you love her, or favorite moments in your relationship, then at the end of the ribbon or string stand ring in hand ready to propose.
- Go on an extravagant vacation together. Find a romantic quite place to pop the question.
Just Close Family or Friends (Small groups 3-10 people)
- After going on a trip together propose right at the baggage claim having family and friends waiting for you.
Family and Friends (large groups 10-50 people)
- Throw a big party having family and friends hold up a sign that says “Will you marry me?”
- Book a venue (most wedding venues have space for small parties) for a family get together, during the gathering propose to her. Or this could be a surprise for when she arrives.
If you have more ideas feel free to post them in the comments! I hope you've found this helpful and don't forget if you need a Destination Mountain Wedding Photographer fill out an interest form by clicking here.