Trying this recipe I was so excited because Olive Garden is one of my favorite chain restaurants. Their bread and salad are so yummy! I do have to admit that the dressing really wasn't the same as their dressing but its probably because they mass produce it and use yuck stuff like hydrogenated oils...which does give food and distinct taste in mind at least.
- 1 packet Good Seasonings Italian Dressing
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 3 tpbs water
- 1/2 cup oil ( I used canola oil here)
- ½ tsp. dried Italian Seasoning
- ½ tsp. table salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tbsp. mayonnaise (use the real stuff not miracle whip.)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbs. white vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp. water
- In a medium bowl pour 1/4 cup vinegar, 3 tpbs water and Good Seasonings Italian Dressing. Whisk extremely well.
- Add 1/2 cup oil and mix again.
- Whisk in salt, black pepper, sugar, and garlic powder, mayonnaise, olive oil, white vinegar, and water.
- Mix thoroughly and place in a jar with a lid. I stored it in my pampered chief dressing maker.
- Keep in refrigerator for up to 4 weeks!
Here is the yummy recipe I originally found http://www.thecountrycook.net/2012/01/olive-garden-salad-dressing.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FyFEUJ+%28The+Country+Cook%29