I have been wanting to start blogging fun recipes and baking, but haven't remembered to take pictures! But I remembered last night with my iphone, which takes pretty decent photos for a phone! Most people know this about me, but I LOVE cookies! I'm infamous in my family for being a cookie monster, especially with my aunt Margie, who I'd always convinced that I was eating the same cookie for 3 hours straight, when in reality I would sneak many cookies. hee hee. But I do have to admit I think she was ok with it because she did put them in an easy-access shelf for a little kid. Anyway, all that to say I love cookies.
Within the past year I found out my body cannot process chocolate so I've had to reinvent my favorite cookie: chocolate chip cookies. I've now discovered carob chips, which taste NOTHING like chocolate but have a sister-like quality to chocolate chips. So last night I made some carob chip cookies using an amazing pinterest recipe. :)
The wonderful recipe! From: http://kelseysappleaday.blogspot.com/2011/08/best-ever-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies.html
3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
3. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks.
4. Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. (The tops will not brown, but do NOT cook longer than ten minutes.)
5. Let cool, on the sheet, on a wire rack for five minutes. Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely. Makes approximately 3 dozen. Try not to eat them all.